The autumn 2018 issue of The Musician, featuring a wraparound cover photograph of percussionist and West End stalwart Matthew West, is being dispatched solely to MU members this week. The award-winning format boasts its range of features, interviews, reports and information for working musicians across the UK.
The contents include:
- Americana singer-songwriter Emily Barker
- Bhangra pioneer and tabla star Kuljit Bhamra
- A report on MU employment casework
- A timely focus on the mental health issues facing many musicians,
- Fair Play Focus reports from The Boileroom, Guildford
- Regional Focus visits Sheffield
- Investigates the pros and cons of working in the wedding band market
- A spotlight on the Young Classical Artists Trust (YCAT)
- Getting properly paid for gigging
- Tributes and reviews
- An overview of MU standard contracts
- A focus piece on our Live Performance Section
This distribution also contains three inserts:
- The MU Members’ Diary for 2019
- A pre-political conferences ‘Brexit’ postcard
- A flyer promoting the new range of MU Christmas Cards.
An edited version of The Musician will be public-facing via the MU website courtesy of our ‘page-turning’ ISSUU facility, plus audio files are being prepared to distribute the streamlined content in suitable format for our visually impaired members. These files will also be loaded on our website and Soundcloud channel in due course. Plus in line with members’ requests, the journal will be available as a large print file in 24 point for downloading from our website. MU office copies are being distributed in keeping with our usual arrangements.