The spring 2020 issue of The Musician is being dispatched in print format to members today. In this edition the contents include:
• Cover star singer-songwriter Eleanor VS
• Manchester-based string ensemble, the Levaré Quartet
• Rising Scottish jazz musician, Fergus McCreadie
• Focus on Glasgow venue, The Glad Café
• Advice on music industry acronyms
• Report from the MU’s fifth Orchestra Section Conference
• Spotlight on MCPS
• Opera North’s outreach and education work
• Maintaining your instrument with double bassist Mark Lewis
News related items cover:
• How grassroots venues are set to benefit from a business rates cut
• MU members success at the UK Americana Awards
• The new charter launched for visiting music teachers
• The MU’s Campaigning for the post- Brexit Musicians’ Passport
The package is being distributed once more in sustainably sourced and fully recyclable paper envelopes. Those members who have opted to receive the journal in digital format will be receiving an email with a link to this edition online.
Audio files are being prepared to distribute the content in suitable format for our visually impaired members. These files will also be loaded on our website and Soundcloud channel in due course.
In line with members’ requests The Musician will also be available as a large print file in 24 point for downloading from our website.